Wednesday 10 August 2011

Springboks (Rugby)


As I walk around I'm impressed by the number of people who are geared for the Rugby World Cup! Here in South Africa, the people around have started wearing Springbok jerseys to show their support, and I've designed the illustration above. Its an extract from a side project I was doing the past 2 or so weeks.

I really loved the knocked out tooth on this bok, but the final product doesn't have the tooth and all that blood. We concluded that it looked a lot like a blood thirsty wolf or something. Below is the original sketch I had done, and photographed. The two images look... different (I know)


In the sketch, the springbok is not all buff and rugby-ishy. I wasn't sure where the right leg should go, the sketch looks scared... worried, or something. The end result was done in my Toon Boom Studio animation package. All in all, I really enjoyed this project! Thank you for reading my blog, enjoy the rest of your day!

Tafadzwa!
My 2d animation website

2 comments:

Have your say in this..